Friday, June 20, 2008

Summertime...

I have to say that my favorite season of the year is summer and I love it because it is warm and usually sunny and the grass is green and there are beautiful flowers. I love the way the mulch smells first thing in the morning with the morning dew on it, it makes me think about Fort Wilderness at Disney World. I love that it stays light outside till almost 10pm, thanks to daylight savings time. I love to go to the beach and waterparks, being able to lay out and work on my very much needed tan.
Well, there are some other things that come with summer, and that is school break....yes, that's right the children are home and not just my own children, but every child in the neighborhood. So interesting how I was only given 4 children, but yet it seems like I have so many more, like maybe 10 or 15. The reason for that is because the neighbor kids think it is so much fun to hang out at our house, even though every other house has a pool and a trampoline, and all we have is a swing set with 4 swings and a slide. I had a friend come babysit the other day and she asked, "Am I going to be watching 4 kids or 10?" So I guess you can say that there is some negative things to having a summertime, so I am hoping that August 20 comes soon!
This week has been pretty good, because the kids have been going to a VBS at a local church and I have had 3 glorious hours to myself every morning this week, and next week I am sending half of my kids to camp, so that is something I am looking forward too. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but honestly absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love summer also. It would be nice if I could have the summer off like kids do, but I guess my "kid" days are over. I love being able to wear shorts and t-shirts and to "play" outside(landscaping, etc).

Those neighbor kids can get annoying, but so can our kids. We just need to try and deal with them lovingly.