Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh my Heart...

I thought I would just give all 3 of my readers an update on my health condition. I woke up last night to a horrible pain in my chest and in my back. My loving husband, thought maybe it was indigestion and I lovingly told him, no dear, it is not indigestion. So he called the Dr. at about 5am and she said it didn't sound life threatening, and I am thinking how could she know that by just talking over the phone. You know, I think I could be a Dr. and diagnose people over the phone, since I do work in a hospital I have learned alot about the heart, so maybe I should be a surgeon...oh well, I will save that for another day.
Okay, let me get back to the matter at hand, now what was I talking about...oh I remember, me, yes that's right I was talking about me...So after that very educated person talked to my wonderful loving husband, I tried to go back to sleep, but it was a bit of a challenge since I had a PAIN IN MY CHEST! HELLO!! I dosed off and on till about 8am and then I needed to get up because I had to go to the Dentist, but I ended up cancelling that appointment. So then I decided to call my Dr. and fill her in on what was going on with my list chest pain that I was having. Her advice was to go to the ER...well I didn't really like that option , but I had a few people that hog tied me and took me against my will. So now it is 5 hours and one big fat ER bill later, I was told by another very educated person, I really don't know what is causing your pain. So it was a waste of a day and money.
There is one good thing that has come out of this day, and that is the heart monitor that I wore for 2 1/2 weeks showed that I have a rapid heart beat and I am being put on medication for this problem and I will have to cut out caffeine. The whole caffeine thing just about gave me a heart attack! So I am hoping that this is the answer to my problems, well at least to my heart problems. I think I need a really big pill for all the other problems in my life.

No comments: