Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our Heroes

Today marks a day of remembrance, today we are paying tribute and honor to our Veterans. I am so thankful to the men and women that sacrifice their lives everyday for me to have freedom. I can't imagine wives being away from their husbands or vice versa or mother's being away from their sons or daughters.
I have to pay tribute today to a very special person. He believes that the Lord has called him to serve our country as a Marine. He left his family, his fiance and his church family in July to be trained as a Marine. I admire him for his courage and strength to do such an honorable act. He is so much younger than me, I almost think of him as my own son, but I look up to him and I am humbled.
Thank you, Mathew Trivett, you truly are a hero!


No comments: