Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Working the sequel....

I am sure you are all wondering why I have titled my post as "working" since the last post was titled the same. Well, I am at work yet again blogging. So that's why it's titled "working the sequel".



I am sitting with a patient again tonight who is very confussed. She is a cute little old lady but is very confussed and doesn't seem to like me, but it's okay cause the feelings are a bit mutual. Thankfully she is sleeping, so that gives me some time to do what is really important here and that is to write a post for my blog.



Today was my first day back to work since Friday. I had the weekend off and spent it out of town with my hubs and it was the most enjoyable time that I have had with him in a very long time. It made me realize how much I am in love with him and how much richer my life is with him by my side.
So then Monday, I was suppose to be back to work but for some odd reason my body felt the need to empty itself of all of it's contents thru my mouth! Yes, I declared myself sick. I had become a victim of some kind of sickness. This was just uncalled for, I am invisible, I am a mother, a medical worker, I am not suppose to get sick! Well, I guess I was wrong for the first time in my life, I know what you are thinking, Kathy was actually wrong about something.
So I spent my Monday in bed and in the bathroom and on the couch. Thankfully that was short lived and I was able to gain control of my body fluids! What a relief!!

That brings me to today, I was able to get out of bed and get a shower this morning and then had to meet a friend to make a Pampered Chef delivery and then meet my mother-in-law to get fitted for a holiday scrub top she is making for me. So I go over to her place of employment and she says, "have you had lunch" and I reply "no, have you" and she says "no, but shouldn't we go get some", so we went up to the Chinese buffet, where they have all those wonderful foods, like crab rangoon and egg rolls and chop suey and sauteed mushrooms and those fun little donuts and almond cookies, oh can't you just taste it now!! I stuffed my face like I hadn't eaten in a month. Well, that probably wasn't the greatest idea for me since all I had eaten the day before was some scrambled eggs and a few pieces of toast. Needless to say, the drive back to Elkhart from Mishawaka was a pretty intense drive with two stops at gas stations to relieve the pain that was welling up within my guts!! Thankfully I made it to work in time with just a few minutes to spare!

Now I am sitting with a patient, which I think I had already told you about in the begin of this exciting story, who is sleeping.
I am really hoping that I will get a dinner break really soon since it's already after 8pm!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my word, you're out of your mind for eating all that Chinese the day after you were sick! How could you stand it?

Shondra said...

I just got back from working out...I don't think reading your blog was a good idea. LOL I am soo hungry for Chinese food now!

Kathy said...

Like I said Liz, I regreted eating the food.