Saturday, March 1, 2008

Kids being kids!


Well, today was a good day. I didn't have to work and I got to pay bills and do laundry and make dinner and clean my house and have an argument with my hubbs. Okay, that doesn't sound like heaven to you, but it was nice not to have to leave my house and take a shower. Maybe that last bit of info you didn't need to know, but you want to know the real me, you know that what you see is what you get. I am an open book, not much of me is a mystery, maybe that is why I don't have many friends....

We were able to sit down as a family tonite and have dinner at the table. This is a rare event because any of you who have read my profile you would see that I work in the evenings, but this is my weekend off. Back to what I was talking about, we started talking about summer and how much we are looking forward to sun and warm temps and shorts. Then the topic of camp came up, and my oldest daughter was saying how she loved camp last summer and that she wanted to go back, and my son, who is 8, then said he wanted to go too. I honestly wish they could all go, but not all of them are old enough. (bummer;)) As the discussion continue, my other son, who is 6, out of the blue says, and I quote "When I grow up I am going to take my kids camping and drink alcohol." Now you have to understand, we don't drink and never have, so I am not sure where he came up with that idea.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I guess it's a good thing that you had a family dinner tonight. That way you can nip this drinking issue in the bud before it became a full-blown problem. LOL! Kids sure can say the darndest things.

Anonymous said...

I love it when kids say such fun things. It makes life funnier and more enjoyable. It helps to laugh, especially during difficult times.