Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Day Off!

Well, as some of you know, I work almost everyday. Yesterday, though, I had the entire day off from work. So since I had the day off, I thought I would make the most of the day. I got up and did the usual, showered, got dressed, put on my face and curled my hair, got the kids up and ready for school and fed them breakfast and pushed them out the door to the bus. That all took place before 8:30am. Now that they were gone, I had some breakfast and made a grocery list and headed off to the stores. I started out at Sam's Club, to only buy meat, then $35 later I left the store with more than meat. Next, I went to Aldi's, which I love and love that they opened a brand new store, and I went in for a few things, and came out with $35 of a few things. Then, I went across the street to Meijer, where I finished buying all the neccesities and came out spending way more than I had planned, but we now have enough food to last us till, maybe the weekend! You have to understand, when I go grocery shopping and then my kids come home from school, it's like they have never eaten in their entire lives! Packages of cookies are ripped into, bags of chips are flying everywhere and the big thing is the Trix Yogurt, I have never seen a kid get more excited over yogurt in my life!!! It's like they have just found a pot of gold and nothing could be better!
So, now that my grocery shopping is over, it is now 2pm and I have to start thinking of what to make for dinner. So with me being the Martha Stewart that I am, I decided to make a chicken dish for dinner and get all the preping out of the way, so that when I go to cook dinner it is ready to go.
It is now 3:55pm and I hear that loud beeping noise of the bus backing up, and yes it is that time, the blessings are home! Oh now my day is so much better and it is complete! WHATEVER! Now that they are home, you know exactly what is going to happen, yep, of course, you guessed it, it is the raid of the cupboard for that one precious snack, that one morsel of food that will just make their afternoon complete. So they get their snack, and I wisk them away to Target for some much needed shoe shopping and Easter clothing shopping. Well, an hour later, they all have 2 new pairs of shoes, and a package of new socks, outfits for Easter and a very broke mother! Thanks to "Uncle Sam" I was able purchase these much needed items so that my children didn't have walk around barefoot or naked. Thank you, Target and the United States Government!:)
Now, we are home from our blessed shopping trip at Target, and it is time to make dinner. So while I am fixing dinner the blessings are out running around and playing outside and for some reason, my boys figured that since it was sunny out and above 30 degrees that they didn't need to wear anything outside except a sweatshirt! So when they are called in for dinner, here come 2 boys that have these very bright red ears and cheeks that have no feeling in them! I asked them why they didn't have on coats or hats or gloves and they replied, "It's warm". Oh, duh, that's right it was actually 40 degrees today, I forgot we were having a heat wave! Stupid me! What was I thinking!
We then sit down to eat and we are having the usually dinner conversation, you know, what kid got in trouble at school today, of course not mine because they are perfect angels, or what new dance they learned from a kid at school, or who got in trouble on the bus, you know meaningful conversations that every family has. Then when we were almost finished, I asked the kiddos to help clean up and put food away after we were done eating. I then said when we were all finished I was going to be sitting down and watching my all time fav show, Biggest Loser, and I wasn't doing anymore work, and I quote " I am worn out from all the runnin around I did today", and my blessed son, Matthew,(if you remember he is the one that wants to drink alcohol when grows up) says, " Yeah I am tired too, because I have been doing nothing but learning all day!" Boy, it's too bad that the school is making the kids work so hard in.....KINDERGARTEN!
Well, I was able to sit and watch my show, and it wasn't done in vain, I did fold laundry while I watched it. So it wasn't a complete waste of time.;)
So that was my day. Now aren't you exhausted just from reading it?

No comments: