Saturday, December 20, 2008

The word "test" makes me gag!

Well, I am sure that I have let all of you blog readers down because it has been a whole ten days since I last posted. Let me just tell ya that it has been a busy ten days.
As most of you know who read this blog or know me in person, I have three part time jobs, not to mention the domestic engineer job that I have that keeps me busy 24 hours a day 7 days a week. In the midst of my careers I have been taking a Basic Dysrhythmia class. This is a class that is required for the "Dysrhythmia challenged". So in other words, this is for the people that have no idea what they are doing when it comes to reading a person's heart rhythm. Let me see a show of hands of those that know how to do that....................................yeah that's what I thought, not too many of ya, huh. This class was 2 weeks of pure torcher for me. First I am not any good at sitting in a classroom setting listening to someone lecture for 3 hours and then I had to do homework, which I loathe!!! Then it happened, the end of the class was upon me and that nasty word "test" was used. I personally think that word should be cut right out of the dictionary! My heart skips a few beats and my stomach kind of does this cramping thing when the word "test" is thrown into the conversation. So in order to pass this class you had to take a, yep you got it, a test!! Apparently the instructor didn't understand what kind of physical challenges I end up going thru when I have to take a test....I will give you one clue as to what happens when I am anxious, let me just say this, I need a bathroom near by. That is all I will say about that, I am sure you can put the pieces together and come up with your own conclusion. So the day came, December 17th, I had to go to class and take the final the test. Ohhhh, just saying that word makes me shiver.
The instructor hands out the tests and I begin to answer questions, but for some reason I couldn't remember the answers to the questions, I had a big huge brain fart!!! I was to name the parts of the heart and couldn't think of what they were, then I had to define each complex of the heart rhythms and I was drawing blank on those too. Then I come to part of the test where I had to interpret the heart rhythms....I got about half way thru and was ready to just get up and turn the test in, because I new I had blown it. It was over, there was no way on earth that I was capable of saving any lives.
Welllllllll, I did finally make it thru the end of the test......did anyone want to know the end result........................................................................................................................
are you all sitting on the edge of your chairs? Am I holding you all in suspense? Okay, okay I will tell ya, yep I passed, but only by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin. I am actually capable of saving lives.
So there you have it. That is my excuse for not blogging. I will try to keep you posted on whether or not I kill anyone while I am working. As long as they don't die on my shift, I'm good!

No comments: